Sep 4, 2012

September Update

Oh my gosh, When did September get here! It is almost unbelievable how quickly these last 8 months have flown by.

In May Jonathan got a job offer that he could not turn down at an accounting firm in Nashville. He has been working there for over a month now and loves it. He is doing IT Auditing. About this same time, I began to be generally unhappy with my job that I had really enjoyed before. So, we decided together to make the move to Nashville. The plan was for me to hang out at my current job and save money until January when I planned to move to Nashville with Jonathan. BUT, in the mean time, we got engaged and realized that being apart is harder than we thought it would be. So, I began furiously looking for jobs in Nashville, with no luck. Not even a phone call back. That was a little over two months ago.

In the middle of all this, Anna decides to get her own place because she realizes that it'll probably be before January when I move out. So I was afraid that I might be homeless for a week or two. But, my good friends, the Reilly's, came through and have put me up in their home until I make the move to Nashville.

This past week, I realized that I was just done with my job. I got over being angry and sad about it and just decided that it was time to move on. So this past Friday, I turned in my two week notice. On Thursday, I got a phone call from Panera and an interview scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Well, they offered me the job! So, I'll be starting there sometime in the next few weeks! I'm so excited to have a stress free job. I'm nervous about having to have a schedule that someone else sets for me (because I've basically been free to do what I wanted). But, I also think that it will be low stress and a good float for me until we get married or until I find the "perfect" job. I realize that is idealistic and the perfect job probably doesn't exist, but I do believe I can find something I love to do. And that may be Panera or it may be something else. :) I guess we'll see.

I really feel that Jonathan getting this job is God protecting us from a lot of stress that would be present if Jonathan were still at MBS. I know that HE knew what would be best for me and for us. I had to go to Marriott to meet Jonathan and if that would be the only thing that would ever come out of this experience, then it would be well worth it. I've also made a few other good friends at work and am sad to leave them. I told my parents this past week that all of this crap that I've been through the last few years with my job is worth every cent of worry and heartache that I've experienced, if only just to wait for this, for Jonathan, for Nashville, for Panera, for our new lives together. I know that this is God and I know that HE is laying out his perfect plan for me. I do not know the outcome and I am worried about the details, but I know that HE is in control. So, I'm trying to "be still and know".

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Marie! We are excited for you as you continue your life journey -- following Christ and His leading. Blessings to you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete