May 13, 2009

Amazing Grace

Many times in the past week I have been reminded of God's Grace. I have heard some reference to John Newton at least 4 times (in two different books and by a few friends) in the past week. I don't think that I had ever heard his story until this past Sunday. John Newton wrote several famous hymns, but the hymn that he wrote that everyone knows is Amazing Grace. Newton was involved in the slave trader before, and for a little while after he became a Christian. He has a great testimony about God's grace in his life. Sometimes the more familiar the words are, the easier it is to just sing them and not think about the meaning. More to come on grace, but for now...

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment