Jul 13, 2010

Part II

Ok, so...it's been a year.  I thought a lot about this post before I wrote it.  I realized that I've been saying a lot of the same thoughts lately and thought I'd take this reflection in a bit of a different direction!

A year in this "new" city.
A year in my new job.
A year with new friends.
A year with old friends.
A year away from Greenville.
A year away from my family.
A year away from Downtown Pres.
A year without a church home.
A year of emotions.
A year of change.

I have begun to think about the things that I've accomplished this last year and well, it isn't much - or I should say, it's not as much as I had hoped.  
  • I have kept my job for a whole year.
  • I have not gone in to bankruptcy (Thanks BBW3).  
  • I have rented in apartment in Greenville.  
  • I have kept my awesome apartment here in Knoxville.  
  • I have not ruined my car.  
  • I have gotten a library card.  
  • I have a new roommate.
  • I have made new friends.
Over the next year there are several things that I would like to do.   I'd like to use this time to set some goals and really make an effort to acheive those goals on a timely basis - like by this time next year!  In no particular order.....

1.   Begin to pay back debts owed.
2.   Think more positively.
3.   Work toward CPA certification.
4.   Advance in my career.
5.   Travel. (Plans already in the works)
6.   Find a church home and get involved.
7.   Make more time for family.
8.   Exercise more often than not. Continue to lose weight.
9.   Worship
10. Figure out what I'm passionate about in regard to His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment