Nov 16, 2011

Weekend Update

This past weekend was pretty busy, but just really fantastic!

I went with Jonathan to the Lady Antebellum concert here in Knoxville to celebrate his birthday, which was on Halloween. 

We were SO close!

It was an awesome concert. They were fun, energetic and played for an hour and a half. The openers, Randy Montana and Josh Kelly were good. Interesting music tid-bit: Josh Kelly is Charles Kelly's brother. Charles Kelly is the lead singer for Lady A. Josh Kelly is also married to Katherine Heigl. I was really hoping she would be there with their beautiful little baby. They adopted a baby from South Korea two years ago. But I guess I just had to put up with some good music!! I got the general admission tickets because I thought that it would be more fun. We got there pretty early and even though we had to stand the whole time, it was worth it because we were so close! Here are a few other great shots from the night!



In this last photo - the whole band came out on this stage extension thing and played an acoustic set. It was awesome! One of my favorite parts of the night. 

On Saturday, Jonathan took me to DOLLYWOOD for the first time. He, of course, had been before, but I had not. It was fun! We spent the afternoon there and the weather was fantastic. It got pretty chilly after the sun went down and I was glad that we had taken jackets, hats and gloves. We got to see all the Christmas lights and the Christmas parade. And we had the most amazing warm cinnamon bread. It was like eating a cinnamon bun and they had cream cheese icing to go with it. It was a fun, relaxing weekend just because we really weren't on a schedule. Just what I needed. 

I can't believe that tomorrow is Thursday and that next Thursday is Thanksgiving. I am reminded of how much I have to be Thankful for. Once upon a time, this blog was about being Thankful. I plan to take some time over the next few weeks to re-read some old post and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.

I challenge you to take some time and reflect on the things you have to be thankful for over the coming week. Expect a Thanksgiving post next week some time.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to add that Lady A's lead lady, Hillary Scott, is only 25. The other two guy members - Charles Kelly and Dave Haywood - are 30 and 29.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update - the pics are great! so glad it was a good show. and that cinnamon bread sounds amazing. i might have to become a dollywood fan after all. :)

    i am certainly and always thankful for YOUR FRIENDSHIP!!!

    ReplyDelete