Apr 21, 2009

Waiting...

Like my dear friend Ashley, I am in a period of waiting in my life. Waiting is so hard to do when you don't know what's going to happen next. I have decided that I'm doing the following kinds of waiting .

Function:
verb
1: to stay in place in expectation of :
2 a: to look forward expectantly b: to hold back expectantly
3 a: to be ready and available b: to remain temporarily neglected or unrealized

Waiting for: a job, to move out of my parents house, to move into my condo, to know some kind of plan for my life.... It would be different if I knew when any of these things would happen. The temporary plan for the condo is to move in May of 2010, which seems so extremely far away. As for the rest of it: only He knows.

In prayer and hope for the future.

"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to." - Elisabeth Elliot

1 comment:

  1. Amen Marie, I especially like 3 a: to be ready and available. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete