Apr 10, 2009

Litchfield Beach

I'm surprised by the number of people who have not heard of or been to Litchfield Beach. I almost hate to say that it's my favorite place in the whole world but....it is! My family owns a beach house in South Litchfield. The house is called "Dot's Spot", after my grandmother, Dorothy Marie Tourtellotte Carpenter, who passed away in 2006.

This house holds so many wonderful memories for me. I could not even begin to tell you all the stories from times spent at this house. I love to open the door for the first time of the trip, close my eyes, and breathe in memories of so many vacations, weekends, reunions, and celebrations spent inside the walls of this house over the past 45 years! What an amazing place. It is a place of rest and relaxation with no time restraints or schedules to interrupt.


Recently my parents, aunts and uncles have spent countless hours refurbishing the house and it looks fantastic with refinished hardwood floors, recovered furniture, new beds and linens! It almost looks like a new house! They have done a fantastic job!


This past week I spent 4 days and 4 1/2 nights (we got in kinda late Saturday after a wonderful day/evening in Charleston) at the house with friends from Greenville who are teachers and get Spring Break! It was great to be with them on my "extended spring break". I really enjoyed getting away and just relaxing. These girls were FANTASTIC relaxers! I wish that it would have been just a little bit warmer but it was overall a great trip! I was kind of sad to come back to reality this weekend. But...


This weekend is a wonderful time of celebration as we remember Jesus' death and resurrection on Easter.


Hallelujah! He is Risen!


Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I'm doing research for a friend-first time beach travelers in the Cola area and I "accidentally" came across your blog. My family and relatives have stayed at your families' home about 2 or 3 times and we have really appreciated being able to rent Dot's Spot. The first time we rented it had the old name. I like the new name! I should send you some pics sometime from our family at Dot's Spot. We don't have the history that your family does, but we have enjoyed it immensely and made some good memories! And I do love Litchfield Beach, as well.
    Krissi Wyss
    krissiwyss5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete