Apr 29, 2009

Summer Wedding Circuit

Let me first say that I am so honored to have so many wonderful friends that want me to be apart of their special day! Seriously...I dont know what I would do without these wonderful friends.

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend and we were talking about our summer plans. I would like to reflect on my life this time last year....last summer, I was participating in the "Wedding Circuit", from here on out, referred to as "the WC". I was in 3 and went to 10 and was invited to a couple more and couldn't go because they were on the same day as others or were too far away! The WC, especially in the south, usually gets started around this time of year, maybe a little earlier and carries on into the Fall. Easter/Spring is usually a pretty good kick off time, with the WC ending before football season. If a wedding is on the same day as "the big game", the big game always wins out so some people schedule their weddings around football, sadly enough.

The WC involves showers, teas, weekend get-a-ways for bachlorette parties, interesting cake shapes, beautiful summer dresses, and TOO much fun and food! Usually these weekends were traveling as well - Cincinnati, Baltimore, Nashville, Knoxville....When it was all over I had to think back to what "normal" was supposed to be! What was I going to do with all of these free weekends? And who was I going to hang out with? What about all my new wedding related friends? We all packed up and said our "goodbyes" and "we'll have to stay in touches" after the bride and groom left. Now what? I was sad that it was all over!

This summer is an entirely different story. I only have two weddindgs coming up and only two that I've been to already this year. It seems kind of unbelievable that I'd have around 15 friends get married in a little more than a year's time. But other than weddings, I dont have any plans. What am I going to do with myself, you might ask. Well, I'm going to read (suggestions definitely welcome, I LOVE to read), go to the gym, and hang out with friends and maybe a beach trip or two thrown in there!

All of that reflection to say that I'm really looking forward to the summer months and am already enjoying the beautiful weather that we've been having here in SC. I'm also looking forward to downtown events in Greenville. It seems like there's something going on all the time and I just LOVE being downtown with all the people out. There's just something about this place that has captured my heart.

What are your summer plans?

2 comments:

  1. Moving and settling! Possibly finding a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i'll get married...yeah...that sounds good...how about next weekend? we'll need a witness.

    ReplyDelete