Oct 11, 2009

Another Great Weekend

So it's been another great weekend!!

Friday night, I hung out with Carshonda and some of her friends.  She's a friend from ETSU and we have several mutual friends from Morristown, where shes' from.  We had a great time!  Saturday I went up to Carson-Newman for Homecoming.  I didn't stay around too long but got to see several people and enjoy being on campus.  I didn't stay for the game at Carson-Newman.  They beat Catawba for the Homecoming win yesterday! I came back to Knoxville and hung out with Nick and watched the UT/Georgia game.  UT won and it was an awesome game!!

I really enjoyed Carson-Newman's Music Sampler.  CN has a fantastic music department and they worked really hard to show off their program yesterday for all alumni.  It was a great time to enjoy music and worship.  All of the songs they sang were religious in nature.  There were also performances by jazz band and other musical ensembles and they were so good. I'm planning to post the words to a hymn written specifically for Carson-Newman called God of Beauty Truth and Goodness.  It's a beautiful hymn.

No comments:

Post a Comment