Oct 25, 2009

The Law and Grace

So, I've been on the "church search" since I moved to Knoxville.  I think I've found a place that I can call my new church home.  I have been homesick for Downtown Pres since I moved but I am starting to enjoy Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church.  It's an EPC church, which is a little different than the PCA. Today there was a guest pastor, Tom Henry from WorldServe.  He did a fabulous job and it was one of the best sermons I've heard in a long time.  The regular pastor at CSPC is a great teacher too and I've enjoyed hearing him but really enjoyed Tom Henry today. 

Two verses really stood out to me today from Isaiah 30:

15 - For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strenghts" but you were unwilling.

18 - Therefore the Lord wants to be gracious to you and thereforever he exalts himself to show mercy to you.  For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him.

Verse 15 represents the law and verse 18 represents the Gospel, GRACE and the power of God.

Return. Rest. Quietness. Trust. He LONGS to pour out his grace on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment