Jun 16, 2010

Twenty Six

Yesterday, I turned 26!

I loved being 25.  I loved everything about it.  Life during the last year was pretty fantastic.  I had an interview a year ago today actually for the job I have now, got the job, moved to Knoxville and have enjoyed my life here during the last year.  I didn't think that turning into the second half of this decade (my late 20's) would bother me but, I'm not gonna lie, I'm feeling a little old today.  Feeling a little more pressure to take the next step (whatever that may be - I have absolutely NO clue; thankfully Somebody does know...)

So I guess I'm moving on with life today.  It's just another day.  Back to work.  Nothing special.  I do have some exciting things planned for later this year:

  • I'm going to the beach in July for the big Tourtellotte Roll Family Reunion.  It's my grandmother's family and we do it every other year and I look forward to seeing everyone and catching up and being at the beach.  It's really a lot of people - my grandmother was one of 6 and it's all of them, their children and now grandchildren and even some great grandchildren!  It really is fun.
  • I'm going to Canada in August for my cousin Louis's wedding to Steph.  She's Canadian and they're having the wedding in the town where her parents lake house is.  The reception is at the lake house and it's going to be so much fun.  Not much of my other family members are going - just Louis's brother and parents and our grandmother.  I'm looking forward to getting out of the country! It's been 5 years and I had to get a new passport to do this! It's going to be so much fun!
  • I'm going to Boston in September/October with Nellie.  She's a good friend from Greenville and has a traveling spirit and I'm looking forward to taking a vacation with her.  We've both been to Boston before but not as adults and not for an extended couple of days.  It'll be good to catch up with her and get out of town! I'm really looking forward to it!
So - I've got some good things coming up in this 26th year of my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment