Jan 11, 2011

Thanksgiving & Praise

Ok. So I know it's not REALLY Thanksgiving (the national holiday) but today, is a day of thanksgiving for me.

I RENTED MY CONDO!


History of the condo:

I bought it on Halloween in 2008. I lost my job 3 days later. When I bought it there was someone in there renting it from my brother, who owned it before me. He was supposed to move out in March the following year when I would move in and live in my own home. I was already rug shopping and going to lowe's imagining making my new home, MY home. Well, that never happened. I never lived there. I lived with my parents while I was job searching then I moved to Knoxville, my renter stayed for awhile, moved out early, the condo was empty for 5 months, and it's been rented since February last year. I knew that my current renters would probably be moving out in February and I was anxious to have it rented now or find a job in Greenville so that I could actually live there, in the house that I own. Well, I put an ad up on Craig's List yesterday morning and within 2 hours had it rented. UNBELIEVABLE. I am praising Jesus for relieving me and my parents of the burden of paying for it while it's empty, while I'm paying rent here in Knoxville, while I don't have a job, and my parents are paying a mortgage for their house. But the Lord has taken care of this for me. I have a signed lease in my hands and a months deposit in the mail on the way to my house.

It's just so wonderful and I am celebrating in Christ this afternoon for continuing to provide for me, even when I doubt him. I would like to give a special shout out to Momise - who may not even know what a blog is, for continuing to pray on a daily basis for me. Thank you for the example you provide of a praying life. I love you.

I had asked a few friends to pray specifically for a job in Greenville so that I could just move into the condo. While it looks like that may not happen immediately, I'm OK with that. I have no idea what God is planning for my career and my life. I am interested and ready to get started on what's next in my life, whatever that may be.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Marie!! I'm thinking about you always and I hope that things become clear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is so great! God's timeing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I can't spell! Ha! That would be "timing".

    ReplyDelete