May 2, 2011

Pennsylvania

This past weekend, I went to visit my good friend from Grad school, Joseph.  

He's living in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He met me at the Philadelphia airport on Friday morning and we toured the city! We toured Independence Hall - where the Declaration of Independence was signed. Unfortunately there was scaffolding over the top of Independence Hall. It really is a beautiful building and it was humbling to be in the same room where Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin argued over the rules and laws of our newfound country. 


We visited The Liberty Bell where Joseph refused to take a picture with me.

We visited Redding Terminal Market and Philadelphia City hall.


We learned about Mother's Day....

We visited the Philadelphia Museum of Art. These are the steps that Rocky ran up in the movie....

A view of the city from the Museum.

We strolled through China Town.


We sat on this bench...how random is that?! Pretty great!


We had cheesesteaks.


We also toured all around Amish Country and Lancaster, which is where Joseph really lives. Unfortunately, I dont have many pictures from this part of my trip.

We did go to The Fulton Theater & Opera House to see a play Saturday night.
(I did not take this picture)


We had a great time eating and hanging out and visiting town. It was good to be with Joe and get out of town for a little while. I'm so glad I was able to do this. Special thanks to Joseph and The Reilly's for making the trip worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment