May 9, 2011

A Year Ago Today (Installment 4)

It was Sunday. Mother's Day. May 9, 2010.

I really can't even begin to express in any eloquent way, the way that my heart feels about that day and the days following. I have started and written another post but it wasn't publish-able. I think that I probably said it best then. It's really hard to think about it now. It's hard to express how I feel about and think about that day and those days following.  In what was by far the worst week of my life, I and my family felt the kindness and love of so many people. While my heart continues to hurt for the life of that sweet child that I will never know, I know that He has a plan. In the middle of the horribleness of last year, it was hard to see anything good coming from such a tragedy. I still feel crazy to think that anything good could come out of it...and I will probably never see the good, I know that He has a purpose and a plan and wants good for our lives. I will always think about Maeve this time of year. I can't believe it's been a year.

But this is a new year, Thank God.
Gabe and Ashley are pregnant again.
And we are excited to celebrate the life of a new child in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment