Apr 24, 2011

Home, Sweet Home

He is risen, He is risen Indeed!

I enjoyed being Home this weekend. I capitalize it because where I live in Knoxville is my home, but where I'm from is Home. :)

Home always fills me with this wonderful sense of community and relationships and good things. I'm always so sad to come back to my "home" here in Knoxville. Don't get me wrong. I love my life here. But there's just something about being able to be with family that makes life good. I had wonderful home cooked meals and spent time with one of my sister-in-laws and was able to see my nieces. I did not get to see Ben or any of Gabe's family. I got to see both of my grandparents and spend some quality time with my parents. There's something about being home that makes me long for home. It makes me long for the hope of one day living close enough to have lunch with my brothers family or my grandparents any day I feel like and catch up with friends that are in town...one day...

So, I begin this week with a semi-heavy heart and a strong remembrance of all the wonderful things I have to be excited about and thankful for and look forward to.


  • Jesus' resurrection
  • My new job.
  • Visits with friends this week.
  • Warmer weather.
  • A wonderful family.
  • A quick vacay.
  • Good things to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment