Jul 7, 2011

What Have I been up to...

Over the past two weeks!?!

It's been awhile since I posted. I've been good about posting maybe once a week or something like that and I was reminded by my friend Melissa today that I haven't posted in almost two weeks.

Work has been REALLY busy. I've been working about 50 hours a week. Which really hasn't been too bad, it just hasn't left time for a whole lot else! I feel like I've had plans almost every night for about the past two weeks! I have really enjoyed hanging out with friends as a stress reliever. I have had a couple of really relaxing Saturdays catching up with friends and just hanging out.

This past Independence Day weekend was really great! I hung out with Anna for a little while and then went and met some friends out where they have live music. I went to the Farmer's Market in Market Square and had breakfast with Matt and Whitney at The French Market. It was fabulous. I had a cinnamon and banana crepe. It really was fabulous. I bought some blackberries and fresh chicken salad at the farmers market. The chicken salad folks are my favorite stop. This week I got Buffalo Blue Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach and Goat Cheese chicken salad! Yummy! That's all I've eaten from home since Saturday! And then I went to the pool all afternoon and watched a movie with Megan. I went to church and then watched a movie. Monday I went to two cookouts with TOO much food, fun, catching up and fireworks!

It was a movie weekend for me! I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I with Anna. It was really dark and pretty scary. I am interested to see how this all ends because it really seemed different than the movie. It has been several years since I read the books but it seemed really different and I have felt like the other books/movies have been so similar. I also watched Country Strong. Great, great movie. Not a feel good, happy ending kind of movie but still really great. Sunday I watched Just Go With It. Eh, it was OK. I was a little funny but maybe I just wasn't in the mood for a funny movie.

It was a great weekend and I really enjoyed every minute of it and felt relaxed and not rushed. Sometimes when I have plans like every minute of the day, I get exhausted. I'm an introvert and "get my energy from being by myself" and I really haven't had a lot of alone time lately, but I've really enjoyed the company of new and old friends lately :) I'm excited to see what the rest of this summer holds!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the update. haven't seen 'country strong' yet so will take your recommendation and rent it soon.

    ReplyDelete