Sep 20, 2009

Always Changing

Previously I wrote a post about change and how the only constant in life is change.  I think that it's mostly a good thing even though it's usually hard to understand.  This week, my plans changed. Quite a few times. Thanks go out to my boss who can't make a decision until the last minute and who is unconcerned with the plans of anyone else.

So this weekend I had plans to be in Johnson City with friends.  I was super excited about seeing these friends, who I haven't been able to spend much time with lately, and going to Rhythm and Roots...a music festival in Bristol.  Well, that didn't exactly happen.  I was totally bummed. But it turned out to be a pretty good weekend in Knoxville anyway!  I went to dinner with a long time friend Friday night in Market Square to a new Knoxville restaurant and then walked around World's Fair Park, which is awesome. It just made me realize even more how much I love Knoxville!  Saturday, I shopped with Mel and then went to....are you ready for this....Dixie Stampede. I hadn't ever been before and it's every bit as cheesy as I thought it was going to be, but it's pretty fun and entertaining and the food is really good, except that you have to eat it with your fingers.

So, even though things didn't go as planned, it turned out to be a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment