Nov 16, 2009

Grace

I am THANKFUL for Grace, the loving infinite Grace of Jesus. 

I saw this on a friend's facebook status update today: The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair.

Over the past two years almost, grace has been a big topic in my life. It's certainly a big topic in Christianity.  How many times through Sripture do you read of grace?  Grace is truly amazing.  I have written of grace several times of the past year. I was talking to a friend of mine recently who is not a believer and telling him about Jesus and what all he has done for us and he said "It just doesn't make any sense." That's right.  Grace doesn't make any sense.  Mostly because it breaks our rules.  It cannot be earned. It is grossly undeserved. It is a gift.

Two analogies I've heard recently about Grace:

1) Grace is like when I have a worn out, stinky, gross, filthy cloak. Jesus gives me his perfect, new, clean, white cloak for no reason and takes mine.
2) Grace is like you're in a courtroom where a criminal, who has committed an especially terrible crime, has been given the death penalty.  Jesus is also there.  He doesn't know the criminal and has no connection to him but stands up, interrupts the judge, and says "I know that I didn't commit this crime, but I'll die in this guy's place".

Grace truly is Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment