Dec 20, 2009

Mary and Joseph

Today and I am THANKFUL for Mary and Joseph, the parents of Jesus.

Every year about this time, I am reminded and again made in awe of the amazing story of Jesus.  Growing up in a Christian environment, the Christmas story is so engrained in my brain that I sometimes forget how Mary and Joseph felt!  The past few weeks at church I've been hearing about this.

Mary, who was maybe 15, engaged, a virgin. Joseph, maybe early 20s, engaged, a virgin.  Both are brought the news that they are going to be parents by a miracle of the Lord.  They both say, "Ok, Lord. We'll do it."  I can imagine my reaction if I were her.  Probably something close to "You've GOT to be kidding me?!"  I just can hardly imagine how difficult all of this would have been for them and their families.  John, the pastor at the church I've been going to, did a wonderful sermon this morning along these same lines.

I think about the incredible faith that these two had to have to step out and wait on a miracle.  To trust the Lord. To know that this was the right thing, for them to raise the Savior of the World.

Matthew 1:18-25

No comments:

Post a Comment