Mar 20, 2011

Day Dream Sundays

Today I'm day dreaming of "my pefect job".

The one that I would do if I could do anything in the world and money was no object.

Lately people have been asking me "What are you passionate about?" I cannot tell you how many people have asked me that in the last year or two. Really in regard to what I want to do with my life or where I want to work or how I want to spend my free time. I have really struggled with this question and I've been frustrated with being asked it so often. In a different form, my cousin asked me "What are you doing when you lose track of time?" Hmm...I liked that better. After much consideration and thought, I've decided that there are two things that I'm really passionate about: Food and People.

Food: I love, love, love to cook. I love to be in the kitchen. I love to find new recipes and try them out. If I had endless money - I would eat insanely good and rich foods every meal. And I would live at the gym! I particularly love eating baking and sweets. I just love good food. There's nothing better at the end of the day than a good meal. I lose track of time when I'm in the kitchen or when I'm sharing a meal with friends.

People: I love people. I love talking to them and learning about them and their personalities. I like to eavesdrop on conversations. Not necessarily to gossip (although I do LOVE to gossip) I just think it's so interesting to listen to others conversations. I am a people watcher. I could sit in a crowded room and just watch people. It's so entertaining. I lose track of time doing this people watching.

So taking both of these "passions" into consideration, my dream job would be to own a bakery or cafe or restaurant of some sort. I'm not sure what form that takes yet but I think that doing this kind of "job" would give me the opportunity to interact with all kinds of people and spend time cooking and baking.

________________________________________________________

There are other things that I am really interested in and enjoy but don't know enough about: exercise - running and working out; art - how to make it and be creative (although I'm not creative); fashion - if only money were no object, I would shop every day!

1 comment:

  1. oo oo, pick me! how about...a CUPCAKE cafe!!!! position it along my walk to work.

    ReplyDelete