Mar 7, 2011

New Job

Today was the first day of my NEW job!

I wish that I was more excited about it. I feel guilty for not being more excited about it. I'm exhausted and stressed and anxious about it - for a number of reasons. BUT, generally, I think that after I get over this initial anxiety, I'll enjoy it. It is interesting work. I am working for a division of Marriott Hotels that houses around 600 accountants. Ever since I started my job search, all I've heard is what a great place this is to work. I'm looking forward to getting more involved and really getting into the work I'll be doing. The first couple of days of a new job are always hard, but I know that this will get better.

Last week, my post about anxiety, was in regard to a full time permanent job offer from the bank that I've been working at. AHhhh!!! I already had accepted the job at Marriott and turned in my notice to the bank (even though the job there was temporary). In an incredibly difficult decision, I turned the bank down! Who does that? Who turns down a certain job offer for an uncertain opportunity? Me, that's who. Sometimes I wonder what I am thinking?! However, I feel like this was the right decision. Even though I am uncertain about the possibilities of my new job, I know that it was the right decision to stay there. If I had turned down Marriott that bridge would have been totally burned. I didn't burn any bridges at the bank. In fact, my boss told me if this job didn't work out, to give him a call! And, on an incredibly pathetic side note, it was so nice to leave a job of my own accord. To walk out of the door on my own free will and know that I made the decision to leave, rather than be told to leave!

And with all of this uncertainty going on in my head and in my heart, I'm going to leave you with this, a quote from my good friend and fellow blogger, Nellie....(her post was about something entirely different than what a new job or uncertainty about her life in general. Her words were just so encouraging and really spoke to me, for right here, right now....) I am encouraged to know that He is in control.

The unanswered questions (and even sometimes only half formed ones!) don't meant there aren't answers. The Answer is mighty, and I believe He will answer mightily both in the coming days, as well as in the ultimate restoration of our broken world. 
"The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD sits enthroned as king forever." - Psalm 29:10

1 comment:

  1. Virginia AlexanderMarch 8, 2011 at 10:50 AM

    Congrats on your new job! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete