Mar 10, 2011

This has been a hard week for a lot of different reasons. I think just coming to the realization of settling into this job that I've taken. I'm so tired. The week has gotten continually better as it has gone on. I think that the job will get better as I settle into my routine there and get on my own schedule and figure out what I'm doing. At least that's what I'm hoping! I know "it's a great place to work" and all that and it may be more my attitude than anything else. Going through training/orientation this week has been interesting to learn about the company and the legacy that has been created by these innovative, ambitious people who just want to do things better. It really is inspiring! And then I go back to my table in the hallway (I dont have a desk) and realize that I'm getting paid too little to live on and working while 600 other people try to talk to each other and try to figure out the connection between innovation and this job that I seem to have settled for. Like I said, I'm trying SO hard to be positive and look for the good things in this situation. One good thing is that it looks like there is no lack of work! I'll at least be busy while we work on this audit!

I really hope that I can REST this weekend. I'm planning to take it easy tomorrow night and hoping to sleep late on Saturday. I'm going to do the first of the "long" runs in my training program for the 5K. It's supposed to be gorgeous on Saturday and I'm looking forward to running outside. Running for 25 minutes on the treadmill is almost unbearable. It just gets really boring. The race is only 2 weeks away! Yikes! I hope I'll be ready. The week before the race I'm going to try to eat healthy and light and drink lots of water! I really want to be able to run the whole time!

Oh, on a side note: I received good news this past week. The thief that broke into our apartment last August, has been sent to prison for 5 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment