Aug 8, 2009

Busy Schedule

So this past week was my first week of out of town travel for work. We were in Johnson City for the week. The work went well and I think that the more familliar we (the audit team) get with the process and the work, the easier it'll be. We've completed two audits at this point.

It was weird to stay in a hotel room by myself. I hadn't realized that it would be weird. I guess I've just always been with friends or family when I've stayed in a room and been with other people. It was so good to be in Johnson City and see friends. I met with friends for dinner every night but one and it was so fun to be in town for a few days. It was weird to travel and not be home. I thought that I would have a nice relaxing weekend to recover from being out of town for the week but it's turned out to be crazy.

It's saturday night and I haven't even unpacked from the week! I ran in last night, changed clothes and ran out to meet a friend for dinner and a movie. We saw Julie and Julia and it was so good. I really liked it! I would love to cook my way through a cookbook! Which is what Julie did - she cooked her way through a Julia Child cookbook! I came in late and went to bed, slept late, went and got my nails did with Mel-Dawg - who's finally back from China - waited on the cable folks who never showed up, dinner with Diana and now to bed again! I think tomorrow will be pretty laid back -lunch with Kevin and Kathy and then hopefully nothing for the rest of the day! It'll be good to relax and take it easy for awhile!

Hitting the road again next week for work. We'll be working in Crossville, which is an hour away. We'll be driving every day. It wont be that bad but it's across the time zone so we'll be getting home late every night. But I really dont think it'll be a bad drive. We'll carpool and we won't have to leave as early...if we leave here at 8 AM we'll arrive in Crossville at 8 AM. But leaving is going to be hard - we'll leave Crossville at 5 PM (6 PM Knoxville time) and get home around 7ish Knoxville time.

Off to sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment