Dec 29, 2010

2010: A Year In Review

Hmm....Where do I even begin? 

I hate to be so negative but this has been what I would call The Worst Year Of My Life. It just seems that I can't get away from bad news. My good friend Jess and I even agreed not to call each other earlier this year unless we had GOOD news. Of course, we couldn't keep up that bargain because of car wrecks, death of friends and family, break-ins, more car wrecks and insanely crazy stories about both of our lives; but we have stayed in touch. I will not go back through all of this years events, but if you've been reading the blog, then you may know what's been going on.

Even in the midst of this terrible year, I have so many things to be THANKFUL for and while it's hard for me to remember these things sometimes, I want to call attention to these specific people below.  Please, please, know that the people below hold a special place in my heart and just because your name is not on this list, doesn't mean that I'm not thankful for you!

1. My parents. I have never known support and love like they provide on a DAILY basis, even and especially when things are tough. I love you for that and am so grateful to have parents who love unconditionally.

2. My familly.  Outside of my parents, I've felt the love and support of my huge family throughout this year.  While we may not talk every day or see each other that often, I know we've got each others backs! I love you!

3. My friends.  You guys have been amazing.  I have so many wonderful friends who live all over the country: Atlanta & Thomasville, Georgia; Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Greenville & Charleston, South Carolina; Asheville & Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Pretty much the whole state of Tennessee and elsewhere.  It really is amazing all the wonderful things that my friends are doing with their lives. I am honored to call you friend. I want to name a few of you particularly because I dont know how I would have made it through this year without these friends. To all of you: I Love You! And the ones that live away - I MISS YOU!! I'm coming to visit. (As I look back through this, it seems that most of the good times through this year have revolved around food!:))
  • Diana - Thanks for your encouragement, laughs, letting me talk it out, taking me to lunch, and just plain being there. I'm so glad we met on that trip over 5 (or is it 6 now??) years ago!
  • Melissa - Thanks for being there to listen, encourage and hang out and pray.  I dont know what I'd do without you!
  • Praying friends - Nellie, Ashley, Joetta, Jess, The Malones, Holly - I have truly felt the presence of Jesus this year and it's because of you. Even though we can't see each other all the time, I know that you're praying and encouraging and that makes all the difference in the world. Truly this list of praying friends could go on and on and on. I am so thankful to have praying people in my life.
  • Latisha & Carly - I wouldn't have eaten nearly as many good dinners if it weren't for your lovely cooking skills.  I also haven't laughed as much as I have this year and enjoyed so many fun nights in Knoxville.  Thank you for your kindness and hospitality.
  • Nick - Thanks for your encouragement, kind words, letting me talk it out and just plain being there. Thanks for fun Knoxville and Nashville weekends! Thanks for cooking dinner with me so many times. Thanks for being a best friend.
  • Joseph - Thanks for making me laugh again and again.  It's always good for my soul to talk to you.
  • Whitney & Matt - I literally don't know what I'd do without you! This year you supported me in ways unimaginable and I am forever in your debt.  You have both been so kind and generous and loving in ways undeserved and I am astounded by your gracious spirits.
I was looking through my blog posts from this year and doing some thinking. This blog has turned into more of an online journal and that is NOT what I wanted it to be originally, but I feel that as this year and really the last two years have unfurled, it is important for me to write my thoughts (it is personally mentally healthy) and share my life with friends and family that I may not speak to often. As this year draws to an end and I reflect over the events of 2010, I am reminded again and again and again, of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I want so much to be angry but that's not really my nature. I want so badly to mourn and hurt and feel sorry for myself. I do a pretty good job of all those things but I can't get away from Him (deep down I'm truly, truly thankful that He pursues me, I've been running far too long). I have faith and hope that 2011 will be better and that I will continue to follow God's will for my life.


Here's to a FANTASTIC 2011: Cheers!!


P.S. A post for 2011 goals and "resolutions" is in the works!


No comments:

Post a Comment