Feb 22, 2011

Nashville Weekend

I will just start by saying that I LOVE Nashville! It's in my top three favorite cities which include, in no particular order, Greenville, SC, Knoxville, TN, and Nashville, TN.

I just had a wonderful relaxing almost vacation on this long President's Day Weekend. The first exciting thing I did was attend the Roller Derby. I can't even begin to describe this place to you. There are no words to describe the people who go to these kinds of events. Fabulous people watching. One of my friends was a few minutes behind us getting there and I sent a text saying "You are not going to believe this place". It was insane. There were families, old, young, freaks, and geeks there. It was interesting. We stayed for the whole match and now I know the rules, thanks to Molly's friend Adam!



The next fun thing I did was go to the Vanderbilt/University of Kentucky women's basketball game. Nick is family friends with UK's head coach, so we got free tickets! It was a fun game. It was breast cancer awareness day and almost everyone had on pink. The Vandy players had on pink uniforms and all the players had on pink shoes! It wasn't super crowded but it was fun! Kentucky won and according to Nick that is the first time they've won at Vandy in 25 years or something crazy like that. It was a fun game.





I also ate at the Loveless Cafe. Quite the Nashville experience. It was SO good. We went at the perfect time for a late breakfast and didn't have to wait! It was nice to have a vacation day on Monday and be able to do those things and hang out with my friends!

2 comments: