Apr 6, 2011

Musical Similarities

I LOVE MUSIC.

Pretty much all kinds of music.

I love musical discoveries too. I mean, I like when someone tells me these things, but I like to find them on my own too!

Well all of this running I've been doing recently, I got really tired of the limited music on my iPod and my friend Megan said she runs with her phone and listens to Pandora while she's running. OOhhh yeah....Pandora. I almost forgot about it. It's an online radio station with few commercials and it plays the music you want to hear. You can choose an artist as your station title and it will choose songs with similar qualities and only play those on that station. Pretty cool deal. While I run I listen to "Todays Top Hits' or something like that. It's usually pretty upbeat music - rock or rap or something rockin'...that's more fun to exercise to AND I have my phone with me so I feel  more safe while I'm by myself. I didn't create this station, it's one of the pre-fixed stations.

So I started listening to Pandora at work too. Work is kind of loud because it's all cubicles and everyone talks to everyone and yells and everyone and there's a lot going on so it's kinda loud. So I usually just put in some head phones and rock out to my Mumford & Sons station on Pandora. This has been cool because there are some EP's that Mumford & Sons have released and they play those too, as well as the songs on their CD. Well anyway - yesterday, I heard Modest Mouse's Float On. I was liking it. I still like it only sounds REMARKABLY similar to Lupe Fiasco's new hip hop song The Show Goes On (which I am loving). I went to Grooveshark when I got home today and played them one right after the other and it is crazy. I know that people remake songs all the time but these two groups are SOO different that it was weird to hear the same chords and sound come from Modest Mouse that comes from Lupe Fiasco. HA! It's definitely not the same song, but the music is totally similar and so are the words and the meaning if you listen closely :) For all you musical peeps, go find both of these songs on Grooveshark.

While I'm promoting free online music...Grooveshark is pretty awesome too. There's pretty much every song on there that you'd want to listen to and you can choose your play list!

No comments:

Post a Comment