Apr 22, 2011

Good News, Great News

Wow, what a week!

A great week but a crazy week!

1. Some of you know that for about the past 7 weeks I have been working as a temp for a LARGE hospitality company that owns thousands of hotels that start with an M. All of their accountants are based out of a shared services group just outside of Knoxville. About two weeks ago, a manager of another team in my department approached me about a potential job opening. We had an "interview", if you want to call it that. And then a week or so went by with no other phone calls or meetings or interviews. I was pretty disappointed thinking that it wasn't going to work out. Well finally this week another manager came by my desk and we talked and on Wednesday they offered me a financial analyst position! It's a real job with benefits, great pay and all that other stuff. I'm still a temp and will be working as one until I have completed 700 hours of work. That sounds like an eternity, but I already have worked about 275 and I think I'm about to start working some over time, if today was any indication. They wasted no time getting me started in my new role. Pretty crazy day and I have felt completely scattered and ALL over the place. But I am so so excited for this opportunity and for the chance to work for such a great company. Pray that I would do a great job and be able to be successful in this role. There's a lot of pressure associated with this role but I am excited about the challenge.

2. Gabe and Ashley, my brother and sister in law, who lost sweet Maeve last May are expecting again! We are so excited and cannot wait to meet this new addition to our family. Please pray for a healthy baby :)

3. I am going HOME this weekend. I haven't been home since the beginning of February and I am SO looking forward to it! I am going to visit all of my siblings, their wives, their children, my grandparents and hopefully some friends too!

4. I am going to visit my good friend Joseph from grad school next weekend. I have been trying to go visit him for awhile now but just haven't been able to do it! He lives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and I am looking forward to getting out of town and celebrating with him about all the good things that are going on in my life!

So, needless to say, I am just ecstatic and grateful to a loving God about all the good things going on in my life right now!

1 comment: