Jul 3, 2009

Whirlwind

Wow! This week has been such a whirlwind! It's been the best week I've had in a really long time and I feel like I've spent 1/2 of it on the phone. I'm pretty sure that I put my phone down barely long enough to eat dinner Tuesday. I was just so excited and had to talk to everybody!

My worries have totally changed! On Monday, my worries would have been "will I ever get a job? what about the condo? what if neither job in Tennessee works out? I'm going to be back to square one. what am I going to do?"

Tuesday and the rest of this week, my worries have been "find a place to live, find a place to live, find a place to live, what about the condo?..."

I was totally stressed out and overwhelmed by CraigsList and the abundance of apartment complexes in Knoxville! One of my friends in Knoxville and has been a lot of help with looking and giving me ideas. I made a list the other day and it had about 15 complex/condos/townhomes and stuff to call and I just went online, picked out my favs and crossed off the rest. I am going to Knoxville on Monday and Tuesday to meet with about 6 of them and pick one for my new home! All of the places I've looked at have been a lot cheaper than what I was living in in Greenville. Although I walked to work, grocery and eat out. So I'm confident one of these will work out!

So many of you have asked about the condo that I bought. I dont know if everyone knows but I bought a condo on Friday, October 31 and lost my job on Tuesday, November 4. SO...I bought it from my brother and there was a guy renting it through March this year and I was going to move in. Well, when January rolled around he called and said his contract with BMW had been extended and that he would like to stay for another year. At the time, I was pretty upset because the plan had been to be with my parents short term and then go ahead and move into the condo in March, more than confident that I would have a job by then. Well that wasn't the case but I let the guy stay through May next year and so I'm not going to worry about it right now. In the Spring, depending on the market, I'll probably put it up for sale and if not, I'll try to rent it out again.

Also, things ended well with the job possibility in Johnson City that I interviewed with at the beginning of the summer. I called them Wednesday and said that I would just like to know where they were in the hiring process and when they called back I told them about the job offer in Knoxville and that I was going to take it. He said that if I ever needed another job even if its in 2 or 5 years, to be sure to give them a call because they were interested in me and were intending to invite me back for a second interview. So I feel good about that situation and that no bridges were burned in the process. I was nervous about making that phone call and it went really well.

OK, well I think that might be all the update for now. I'm headed to Knoxville Monday to start looking for a place to live and will start work on Wednesday! Woo-Hoo!!! I'm SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment